Create and Attitude of Gratitude All Day Long
The secret to happiness and finding the enduring joy we all seek is Thanksgiving-the simple act of continually giving thanks. To realize wonderful positive outcomes, up to and including seeming miracles, do one thing: Show gratitude all day long. Seeing everything in a new light, through a refreshing prism of love and appreciation, imparts a deep inner well of peace, calm and joy, making us feel more alive.
We can feel that way every day, in every aspect of life, awaking each morning excited to create the day ahead and enthusiastic about each moment and then falling asleep at night embracing a profound feeling of gratitude for all the good we know and have. Happiness is contagious and becomes an upward spiral of joy naturally shared with others.
Start today by launching a daily gratitude journal. This single action, the simplest and quickest way to get results, will foster a habit geared to change everything forever. It fills up our love tank, sparks success and benefits everyone. To embrace better relationships, health, clarity, life and tangible and intangible wealth:
- Set a daily time for journal writing.
- Pick a handful of things that prompt gratitude that day. Perhaps begin with people that support you in some way. Everything counts, from expressions of beauty to basic conveniences. Eventually the daily list will grow, generating the joy of gratitude at ever-higher levels.
- It’s important to write with love and joy, because such feelings create your world. Even if something’s a work in progress, like encouraging steps in a relationship, focus on what makes you feel good and want more of and you’ll start seeing more evidence of them.
- Elaborate in detail about a particular thing that earns extra gratitude. This carries more benefits from intense feelings than creating a list. When we see how blessed we are with what we already have, it creates more of what we are grateful for, generating and endless cycle of gratitude.
- Take notice of the surprises and little miracles that occur, and be sure to make note of them to evoke an even stronger level of awe, and gratitude.
An emotional story of love…
Have you ever had a moment come along during your life when you were completely and utterly broken? A moment that wrecked you to the very core of your being, and reduced you to nothing but a pile of smoldering ashes? Something that didn’t just gently tug at your heart strings, but ripped them from the shell of human dust you were created from? These moments can be devastating but life altering in the same breath. I believe these are moments that God uses to show us things in life we may either be ignoring, or just innocently unaware of.
I experienced one such moment about three years ago.
We had just recently moved to Charlotte to volunteer with the inner city youth ministry called One7 that I frequently write about on this blog. I won’t go into all the details about the ministry here in this post. Check out…
View original post 827 more words
When Life is Gloomy, what do you do to turn it around?
Have you ever felt like life is stormy? That it’s not just the weather which is gloomy, but you yourself as well? What do you do about it?
- have a pajama day and stay home, not leaving the house?
- call a friend or family member?
- log in online and blog?
- search for a ray of sunshine amongst blog posts, emails or Facebook snippets?
- pick up a feel good book to read?
- choose to watch mindless television?
- reach out for some fur therapy from your pet or some hugs from friends and family?
- take a walk and get some endorphins moving?
- wade through the storm, allow the tears to flow and just be with the emotions?
- find an oldie, but goodie movie to lift your spirits?
- eat chocolate or some forbidden goodies?
- get dressed up and go out?
View original post 56 more words
Happiness Friday! Peace, love, and bliss to everyone!
We have the choice to choose how we will live each day. Even though we may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, how we do it is our choice.
Remember you are strong, and each step is your choice, even when you do not feel it is so. With each step you become stronger.
Look for happiness in the smallest of things, it is there just take the time to look. Happiness is ours, we can make it happen not only for ourselves, but for those we encounter. Take the challenge it is so worth it!
Happy Friday my friends…
Astrology information I definitely recommend reading. Peace, love and bliss to you all! Tammy
On July 29, 2013, there was an extraordinary configuration of planets and luminaries. This only happens every 800 years or so. And as expected every New Age mind on the planet is heralding it as the salvation of humankind. In other words, blowing it all out of proportion. The Grand Sextile, as it is called is, indeed a special one, but perhaps a cool-headed interpretation would be more useful than falling to our knees and shouting at the sky.
Throughout my career as an astrologer there have been numerous “Miracle” celestial events that promised the dawning of a new age or the beginning of something “BIG, BIG, BIG.” Alas, disappointment always followed when the New Age of world peace and love was not ushered in and our imprisonment in the world of complicated emotions, fears, doubts, and more, continued. Plus, the Young and Baby souls of the earth kept going…
View original post 1,140 more words
Need an immune boost…here’s a perfect pick me up. A healthy body is a happy body.
This morning I woke up with my neck and throat a little sore. When i feel something coming on, i immediately begin doing everything I can to take care of myself. If your body is being attacked by a virus or bacterial infection, it is important to give it nutrients so that your immune system can win the fight. This smoothie is packed with vitamins and minerals and is perfect for when you need to kick your cold. Keep in mind, going to workout during a time like this is going to put your body is a sacrificed state and allow the virus to win. Try to rest and nourish your body as much as possible as soon as you recognize a sign of getting sick!
Here is the recipe :
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/3 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
1 handful of frozen or fresh spinach
View original post 68 more words