“Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you.” ~Mahatma Ghandi
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ~Mahatma Ghandi
Beauty is not in the face, beauty is a light in the heart.
As I’m writing this post, still can’t believe that it has been two years since I’ve even visited or checked on things here. So amazing how quickly time can slip away and that it seems to move at a faster and faster clip, especially when your not paying attention.
There have been so many changes in my life that I don’t even know where to begin! Trying to recall my last published topic of discussion. Believe it was a mixture of the transition into yoga teacher training and always having an attitude of gratitude.
Taking the step into yoga teacher training was by far one of the best decisions in my life as well as the most nourishing and beneficial for myself as a whole. An opportunity to learn, grow and blossom. To develop new friendships and gain new sisters. Wow…. just realized that I received my yoga certification two years ago…. feels like only yesterday.
Since then my days have been filled with teaching, friendships, and just an overall enjoyment of life. Was grateful to have another teacher training opportunity with Manju Jois, which again was an experience that will always resonate in my heart. A week of learning, as well as understanding on a deeper level about yoga and how the body works. A fun and exciting time to say the least.
On another note, I lost a dog to cancer which was one of the saddest days. If anyone has dogs, they understand they are family and you build a bond with them. They are loving, loyal, affectionate and can be characters at times. When you loose an animal it’s like losing a member of your family.
It’s been an interesting journey and every day is a new experience. I have learned to be grateful for every breath as well as each day that I can enjoy this life! There are times when life isn’t full of sunshine and ice cream, but those are the days where you take a few extra breaths and say to yourself, this will pass. I have to admit, sometimes the rough days are the ones where the paper bag comes in handy, because I might hyperventilate. (just kidding)
May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure and divine light within you, guide your way on, now and always.
Good morning friends! Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Sunday!
It’s been a while since I’ve been able to post anything (two months to be exact!) Wow!
Happy to announce that the journey of the 200 hr. Yoga Teacher Training is now completed and definitely a transformation. At the beginning it seemed like a long road, but once it was over, in my heart I didn’t want it to end.
Have practiced yoga for eight years, and thought I knew the correct way to practice. Quickly learned that there were a lot of things I found out and am still exploring and experiencing.
Was grateful to have a senior Yoga Teacher (Margarida Tree) who has been practicing and teaching for over 22 years. Couldn’t see myself taking the teacher training with anyone else.
If you have been practicing yoga and are thinking about taking the yoga teacher training, I highly recommend checking it out. The website you can go to is: www.oneyogaplanet.com
One Yoga Planet is located in downtown Fort Pierce, Florida.
Grateful to be back and hopefully will be able to catch up!
May your day be filled with peace, love and bliss! Namaste, Tammy
WordPress has just sent a notification to wish A Universal Life a Happy Anniversary! I can’t believe it has been four years. Time sure does fly when your having fun, getting inspired and just enjoying life.
Many thanks and gratitude to all my friends, followers and visitors here in the WordPress community. A big THANK YOU to WordPress for all you do and for your continued generosity.
May you all have a wonderful day filled with peace, love and bliss!
November has to be one of my favorite months of the year. It’s a time where family, friends, neighbors and even those who you don’t know come together and enjoy each other’s company over Thanksgiving dinner. One of the things I enjoy and am thankful for is to volunteer at the Mustard Seed Thanksgiving Feast that they have every year for the families and neighbors of the community who have no where to go or don’t have any family.
A reminder that what you have is truly a blessing. If you happen to live in or close to Fort Pierce, Florida and you would like to come volunteer, you can just show up on Thanksgiving Day at 8:00 a.m or anytime before 11:00 a.m. and help out, we would love to have you join us. 772-465-6021 The Thanksgiving Feast will be located at the corner of 9th Street and Orange Ave., Fort Pierce, Florida (it will be in the grassy area right next to where the old St. Anastasia School used to be). There is also a location for our Port St. Lucie friends, which is The Dream Center, located in the Kings Plaza, 7646 S. U.S. Highway 1, Port St. Lucie, Florida. 772-777-5425.
If you are not able to volunteer on that day, you can also make donations. You can call the numbers listed above for more information.
Hope to see you there and maybe make some new friends!
Peace, love, blessings,
Good morning friends, neighbors, followers! Happy Sunday! I had the chance to see a movie called “The Ultimate Gift” which was not only an inspiration, but came with a message. Throughout the movie was a list of “ultimate gifts” that when you read them, you may not see some of them as such, but if you really think about it, they can be.
1. The Gift of Work– See your job as more than just a way to pay your bills. Whatever work you are doing, be thankful and know that you are helping someone or a group of someone’s in a bigger way than you could possibly imagine.
2. The Gift of Money– This is a reminder of the famous saying: “It is better to give than to receive” Now, I’m not talking about giving the gift of money to receive it back, that’s not the reason to give at all. We all have love and compassion which resides in our heart and we have the opportunity to share our blessings with someone who is not so fortunate. Maybe it’s a certain someone who is close to you that is behind on their rent or just needs a little extra money to pay a bill. Whatever the circumstance may be, sharing is caring. When you perform random acts of kindness, you will see how the universe opens up to you.
3. The Gift of Friends- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” ~Elbert Hubbard
A true friend is hard to find.
That’s why when you come across one; you should hold onto them and cherish the joy that friendship brings. Friends help you be honest with yourself and they keep you from doing things that you might regret.
They are confidants, counselors and coaches. Friends helps you be you without apology.
4. The Gift of Learning- Learn to learn. There is so much information available on this planet and there is never too much you can learn. Maybe take some time to learn a new language or learn about different cultures. The possibilities of the mind are endless.
5. The Gift of Problems- You don’t begin to live until you’ve lost everything. Try not to see your problems as a failure or that you have been defeated. Instead look at them as an experience and what may be coming to you as a connection to something that will be beneficial for you and your life journey.
6. The Gift of Family- Spending time with family is a blessing. But maybe for some of us, being around our family is not our cup of tea. Yes, it’s possible that some members of our family can be a little difficult to be around or that we just don’t see eye to eye on some things. However much we may dislike our family at times, they are still our FAMILY and that in itself is a precious gift. Take time to be with family, because life is short and that little effort that you make means more than you could ever realize.
7. The Gift of Laughter- See life as joyous. Laughter is the best medicine, no matter who you are. Did you know that it takes more muscles to frown than smile? So, we should be smiling and laughing a lot! Besides that, laughing is just plain fun! So, go ahead….live, love and laugh, laugh, laugh!!!!
8. The Gift of Dreams- We are all free to dream. What was your dream when you were a child? Did you want to be a prima ballerina, a fireman, the president? What about as an adult? What is your dream? Have you made that dream/dreams reality? What is your life-long dream?
9. The Gift of Giving- Being generous is one of the greatest gifts. Giving is an act of kindness. It doesn’t have to necessarily be in the form of money, it could be clothes, food, your time. Giving someone a HUG!!!!
10. The Gift of Gratitude- Learn to be thankful for what you have. You might not have that shiny new car or that big house you always wanted or millions of dollars in the bank. Don’t focus on the things you don’t have, be grateful for those things that you do. Little things mean a lot.
11. The Gift of A Day- What would you do with your last day on Earth? Cherish every day and take those extra moments to look around and enjoy the outdoors, a friend, your husband/wife, your mom/dad, your kids.
12. The Gift of Love- Love unconditionally. We are on this planet to love each other, no matter what color we are, what religion, male, female. We are all one! Love as much as you can because that is the biggest gift of all!