Good morning friends, neighbors, followers! Happy Sunday! I had the chance to see a movie called “The Ultimate Gift” which was not only an inspiration, but came with a message. Throughout the movie was a list of “ultimate gifts” that when you read them, you may not see some of them as such, but if you really think about it, they can be.
1. The Gift of Work- See your job as more than just a way to pay your bills. Whatever work you are doing, be thankful and know that you are helping someone or a group of someone’s in a bigger way than you could possibly imagine.
2. The Gift of Money- This is a reminder of the famous saying: “It is better to give than to receive” Now, I’m not talking about giving the gift of money to receive it back, that’s not the reason to give at all. We all have love and compassion which resides in our heart and we have the opportunity to share our blessings with someone who is not so fortunate. Maybe it’s a certain someone who is close to you that is behind on their rent or just needs a little extra money to pay a bill. Whatever the circumstance may be, sharing is caring. When you perform random acts of kindness, you will see how the universe opens up to you.
3. The Gift of Friends- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” ~Elbert Hubbard
A true friend is hard to find.
That’s why when you come across one; you should hold onto them and cherish the joy that friendship brings. Friends help you be honest with yourself and they keep you from doing things that you might regret.
They are confidants, counselors and coaches. Friends helps you be you without apology.
4. The Gift of Learning- Learn to learn. There is so much information available on this planet and there is never too much you can learn. Maybe take some time to learn a new language or learn about different cultures. The possibilities of the mind are endless.
5. The Gift of Problems- You don’t begin to live until you’ve lost everything. Try not to see your problems as a failure or that you have been defeated. Instead look at them as an experience and what may be coming to you as a connection to something that will be beneficial for you and your life journey.
6. The Gift of Family- Spending time with family is a blessing. But maybe for some of us, being around our family is not our cup of tea. Yes, it’s possible that some members of our family can be a little difficult to be around or that we just don’t see eye to eye on some things. However much we may dislike our family at times, they are still our FAMILY and that in itself is a precious gift. Take time to be with family, because life is short and that little effort that you make means more than you could ever realize.
7. The Gift of Laughter- See life as joyous. Laughter is the best medicine, no matter who you are. Did you know that it takes more muscles to frown than smile? So, we should be smiling and laughing a lot! Besides that, laughing is just plain fun! So, go ahead….live, love and laugh, laugh, laugh!!!!
8. The Gift of Dreams- We are all free to dream. What was your dream when you were a child? Did you want to be a prima ballerina, a fireman, the president? What about as an adult? What is your dream? Have you made that dream/dreams reality? What is your life-long dream?
9. The Gift of Giving- Being generous is one of the greatest gifts. Giving is an act of kindness. It doesn’t have to necessarily be in the form of money, it could be clothes, food, your time. Giving someone a HUG!!!!
10. The Gift of Gratitude- Learn to be thankful for what you have. You might not have that shiny new car or that big house you always wanted or millions of dollars in the bank. Don’t focus on the things you don’t have, be grateful for those things that you do. Little things mean a lot.
11. The Gift of A Day- What would you do with your last day on Earth? Cherish every day and take those extra moments to look around and enjoy the outdoors, a friend, your husband/wife, your mom/dad, your kids.
12. The Gift of Love- Love unconditionally. We are on this planet to love each other, no matter what color we are, what religion, male, female. We are all one! Love as much as you can because that is the biggest gift of all!